updating gcc in trunk

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

updating gcc in trunk

Vincent Torri

Hey

current gcc 4.4 release is 4.4.3 (released a few days ago). cegcc uses
4.4.0, afaik. Would it be difficult to update gcc in cegcc trunk ?

while i'm talking of gcc: Pedro, what is the status of merging your
patches into gcc trunk ?

thank you

Vincent Torri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the
world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Cegcc-devel] updating gcc in trunk

Vincent Richomme
On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 09:00:46 +0100 (CET), Vincent Torri
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey
>
> current gcc 4.4 release is 4.4.3 (released a few days ago). cegcc uses
> 4.4.0, afaik. Would it be difficult to update gcc in cegcc trunk ?
>
> while i'm talking of gcc: Pedro, what is the status of merging your
> patches into gcc trunk ?
>

I DO agree with that comment because latest(4.3.2) version of libgmp are
incompatible with gcc-4.4.1
because of a nasty bug so now we cannot benefit from potential bugfix in
libgmp.
So if we could follow gcc release it would be great.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the
world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: updating gcc in trunk

Danny Backx
On Sat, 2010-01-23 at 14:17 +0100, Vincent Richomme wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 09:00:46 +0100 (CET), Vincent Torri
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > current gcc 4.4 release is 4.4.3 (released a few days ago). cegcc uses
> > 4.4.0, afaik. Would it be difficult to update gcc in cegcc trunk ?
> >
> > while i'm talking of gcc: Pedro, what is the status of merging your
> > patches into gcc trunk ?
> >
>
> I DO agree with that comment because latest(4.3.2) version of libgmp are
> incompatible with gcc-4.4.1
> because of a nasty bug so now we cannot benefit from potential bugfix in
> libgmp.
> So if we could follow gcc release it would be great.

Wouldn't it be great if cegcc worked for modern versions of CE ?

Now that I'm back from my skiing trip, that's my next focus.

        Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Planet: dedicated and managed hosting, cloud storage, colocation
Stay online with enterprise data centers and the best network in the business
Choose flexible plans and management services without long-term contracts
Personal 24x7 support from experience hosting pros just a phone call away.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel