Quantcast

problem with singletons in dll's

Johnny Willemsen
Hi,

Our first test results with gcc 4.4 dynamic libraries are available. We do
have some more test failures than in the static case which need to be
investigated. One is from the Based_Pointer_Test and its output is below. We
have the ACE DLL and then an own DLL. From the executable and our own DLL we
get the singleton pointer from the ACE DLL. They should be the same but
aren't. I tried a few things but can't get this running.

Danny, can you maybe have a look at this test, it is under
ACE_wrappers/tests. See chapter 20.7.2 of the TPG how you can get the output
of the tests to the console instead to a file.

Johnny

auto_run_tests_finished: tests/Based_Pointer_Test Time:74s Result:0
Error: (log/Based_Pointer_Test.log): ACE_Based_Pointer_Repository is not a
singleton in DLL <1A028534> <1A0270F4>
Error: (log/Based_Pointer_Test.log): MMAP pool mapping not present
Error: (log/Based_Pointer_Test.log): Persistent MMAP Memory Pool not mapped
Error: (log/Based_Pointer_Test.log): New base address not mapped after MMAP
remap
======= Begin Log File
Aug 09 17:32:56.171 2009@LM_DEBUG@(86704134|86769670) Starting
Based_Pointer_Test test at Sun Aug 9 2009 17:32:56.176000
Aug 09 17:32:56.246 2009@LM_ERROR@ACE_Based_Pointer_Repository is not a
singleton in DLL <1A028534> <1A0270F4>
Aug 09 17:32:56.343 2009@LM_ERROR@MMAP pool mapping not present
Aug 09 17:32:56.368 2009@LM_ERROR@Persistent MMAP Memory Pool not mapped
Aug 09 17:32:56.577 2009@LM_ERROR@New base address not mapped after MMAP
remap
Aug 09 17:32:56.611 2009@LM_DEBUG@(86704134|86769670) Ending
Based_Pointer_Test test at Sun Aug 9 2009 17:32:56.611000
======= End Log File

Re: problem with singletons in dll's

Johnny Willemsen
Hi,

> Our first test results with gcc 4.4 dynamic libraries are available. We
> do
> have some more test failures than in the static case which need to be
> investigated. One is from the Based_Pointer_Test and its output is
> below. We
> have the ACE DLL and then an own DLL. From the executable and our own
> DLL we
> get the singleton pointer from the ACE DLL. They should be the same but
> aren't. I tried a few things but can't get this running.

Danny found out that this was a problem at our side. We didn't use the
declspec export/import, which I assumed was used. I have corrected this in
ACE and now this test does run. We are rerunning all our tests (around 200)

Johnny

The test results
http://download.theaceorb.nl/teststat/builds/WinCE6_CEgcc_Suse_11.1.html