Quantcast

libtool + libstdc++ problem

Vincent Torri

hey,

I have compiled an autotooled library which has a .cpp file. libtool uses
g++ to created the .dll. Hence, the .la file of that library contains
things like -lmingw32 and -lmingwex, which are in libstdc++.la

That is annoying because when i compile another library which uses the
previous one, libtool look at its .la file and add -lmingw32 and -lmingwex
during the link of the 2nd library. I have then the usual error message:

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lmingw32.
blah blah blah

question: is it normal that libstdc++.la contains -lmingw32 and -lmingwex
? If yes, what can I do to solve this problem ?

thank you

Vincent Torri

Re: [Cegcc-devel] libtool + libstdc++ problem

Danny Backx
On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 23:21 +0100, Vincent Torri wrote:

> hey,
>
> I have compiled an autotooled library which has a .cpp file. libtool uses
> g++ to created the .dll. Hence, the .la file of that library contains
> things like -lmingw32 and -lmingwex, which are in libstdc++.la
>
> That is annoying because when i compile another library which uses the
> previous one, libtool look at its .la file and add -lmingw32 and -lmingwex
> during the link of the 2nd library. I have then the usual error message:
>
> *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lmingw32.
> blah blah blah
>
> question: is it normal that libstdc++.la contains -lmingw32 and -lmingwex
> ? If yes, what can I do to solve this problem ?

I don't see -lmingw32 or -lmingwex in libstdc++.la in my build tree.

Note that the build tree contains more than one version :
pavilion: {30} find build-mingw32ce /opt/mingw32ce -name libstdc++.la
-print
build-mingw32ce/gcc/arm-mingw32ce/libstdc++-v3/src/libstdc++.la
build-mingw32ce/gcc/arm-mingw32ce/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs/libstdc++.la
build-mingw32ce/mingwdll/libstdc++/libstdc++.la
/opt/mingw32ce/arm-mingw32ce/lib/libstdc++.la
pavilion: {31}

The one installed happens to be the wrong one, that's probably because I
did installs in bits and pieces.

        Danny

--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info