gdbserver question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

gdbserver question

Danny Backx
I've not been terribly impressed with the rshd/gdbserver combination for
running debugging sessions. And you basically need a prompt to start
gdbserver.

So I built a very basic version of a Windows program around gdbserver.

I want to enhance it so it can be used with the gdbserver --multi option
as well.

What should I do with this source ? Ultimately I might ask the gdb crowd
if they want it, but it's too early for that.

Should I put this stuff in $CEGCC/tools for now, or is nobody
interested ?

        Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Intel® Parallel Studio Eval
Try the new software tools for yourself. Speed compiling, find bugs
proactively, and fine-tune applications for parallel performance.
See why Intel Parallel Studio got high marks during beta.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: gdbserver question

Sébastien Lorquet
Hi,

If that helps running programs on a pocket pc without going through the cycle compile, copy to a windows pc (or a samba share), copy to pocket pc through active sync drag drop, tap on the pocket pc to start the program, etc then I'm interested :)

At least I can issue debug message to a remote syslog server via active sync tcpip.

Regards
Sebastien

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Danny Backx <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've not been terribly impressed with the rshd/gdbserver combination for
running debugging sessions. And you basically need a prompt to start
gdbserver.

So I built a very basic version of a Windows program around gdbserver.

I want to enhance it so it can be used with the gdbserver --multi option
as well.

What should I do with this source ? Ultimately I might ask the gdb crowd
if they want it, but it's too early for that.

Should I put this stuff in $CEGCC/tools for now, or is nobody
interested ?

       Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
Try the new software tools for yourself. Speed compiling, find bugs
proactively, and fine-tune applications for parallel performance.
See why Intel Parallel Studio got high marks during beta.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
Try the new software tools for yourself. Speed compiling, find bugs
proactively, and fine-tune applications for parallel performance.
See why Intel Parallel Studio got high marks during beta.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: gdbserver question

Danny Backx
On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 22:05 +0100, Sébastien Lorquet wrote:
> If that helps running programs on a pocket pc without going through
> the cycle compile, copy to a windows pc (or a samba share), copy to
> pocket pc through active sync drag drop, tap on the pocket pc to start
> the program, etc then I'm interested :)

I'm not a magician but it should make some things easier once file
transfer works reliably, see below.

> At least I can issue debug message to a remote syslog server via
> active sync tcpip.

Some of the things I don't like about gdbserver in its current state :
- no proper way to start it
  either via rsh or via pocketconsole
- it doesn't show in the CE process list

The version I have now :
- has a simple GUI with which you can specify which program to run, with
  which parameters (command line for the program to debug), and on which
  port gdbserver should talk
- can start in --multi mode as well as single process mode
- does show in the process list

I don't seem to get file transfer (remote put/get) to work reliably. Has
anyone played with that yet ?

        Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
Try the new software tools for yourself. Speed compiling, find bugs
proactively, and fine-tune applications for parallel performance.
See why Intel Parallel Studio got high marks during beta.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: gdbserver question

Danny Backx
On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 20:31 +0100, Danny Backx wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 22:05 +0100, Sébastien Lorquet wrote:
> > If that helps running programs on a pocket pc without going through
> > the cycle compile, copy to a windows pc (or a samba share), copy to
> > pocket pc through active sync drag drop, tap on the pocket pc to start
> > the program, etc then I'm interested :)
>
> I'm not a magician but it should make some things easier once file
> transfer works reliably, see below.
>
> > At least I can issue debug message to a remote syslog server via
> > active sync tcpip.
>
> Some of the things I don't like about gdbserver in its current state :
> - no proper way to start it
>   either via rsh or via pocketconsole
> - it doesn't show in the CE process list
>
> The version I have now :
> - has a simple GUI with which you can specify which program to run, with
>   which parameters (command line for the program to debug), and on which
>   port gdbserver should talk
> - can start in --multi mode as well as single process mode
> - does show in the process list
>
> I don't seem to get file transfer (remote put/get) to work reliably. Has
> anyone played with that yet ?
>
> Danny

I've just uploaded this into tools/gdbserver .

        Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
Try the new software tools for yourself. Speed compiling, find bugs
proactively, and fine-tune applications for parallel performance.
See why Intel Parallel Studio got high marks during beta.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel