Quantcast

_WIN32_CE vs UNDER_CE

Paul Sokolovsky
Hello,

Anyone can explain me meanings and differences between _WIN32_CE &
UNDER_CE ? UNDER_CE is not defined by CeGCC, while used for some
#ifdefs. I'm going to replace these with _WIN32_CE in my clean up work
so far.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: _WIN32_CE vs UNDER_CE

Vincent Torri

Hey

> Anyone can explain me meanings and differences between _WIN32_CE &
> UNDER_CE ? UNDER_CE is not defined by CeGCC, while used for some
> #ifdefs. I'm going to replace these with _WIN32_CE in my clean up work
> so far.

http://www.pocketpcjunkies.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/wince-vc/3273/UNDER-CE-vs-WIN32-WCE

quote:

"> 1) I determine whether I'm compiling for CE by checking whether
> UNDER_CE is defined
> 2) If I need to know which version of CE is the target, I do
> comparisons with _WIN32_WCE

That is consistent with what I have seen in SDK headers and elsewhere.
Thank
you for this good advise."

cheers and merry christmas

Vincent Torri

Re: _WIN32_WCE vs UNDER_CE

Pedro Alves-4
On Friday 24 December 2010 22:22:56, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Anyone can explain me meanings and differences between _WIN32_CE &
> UNDER_CE ? UNDER_CE is not defined by CeGCC, while used for some
> #ifdefs. I'm going to replace these with _WIN32_CE in my clean up work
> so far.

Would be useful to know what is it you're thinking you're cleaning up.

UNDER_CE is a builtin define (defined by the compiler).  You can use it
to check whether you're targetting Windows CE, even if you haven't
included any header in your compilation unit.

There is no _WIN32_CE, you mean _WIN32_WCE (I've now fixed the $subject).
_WIN32_WCE is the equivalent of _WIN32_WINNT on desktop Windows.  You define
it to the WinAPI version you want to target (e.g., 0x500), either on
something like CFLAGS, or before including any w32api header.  If you
don't define it to anything, the w32api headers define it to a default
conservative Windows CE version.

Then, there's __COREDLL__ (for coredll.dll).  This is defined by the
compiler, and it selects the C runtime.  On Desktop Windows, this would
be either __MSVCRT__ (for msvcrt.dll), or __CRTDLL__ (legacy, for
crtdll.dll).  Early versions of Windows CE had some other C runtime
dll (I can't remember which now).  In mingw/ code, you always
use __COREDLL__, _WIN32_WCE is verbotten there.

--
Pedro Alves