Upcoming test binary distribution

Danny Backx
Hi,

I'm in the process of preparing a binary-only test distribution called
0.59.1 . The numbering indicates that this should become 0.60 soon.

Why something close to 0.60 ? Because this will be a milestone : a
distribution based on gcc 4.4.0 - this is brand new stuff !

Why binary only ? Because I figure that those who are used to working
with SVN don't need help from me. They have this stuff on their system
already.

Which versions ?
        arm-mingw32ce -> support Windows CE on ARM
        arm-cegcc -> with newlib, meaning it has some unix-like
                           api support. Also for Windows CE on ARM.
        i386-mingw32ce -> support Windows CE on i386 (and clones)

When I write "Windows CE", I mean all of that product family, ranging
from Windows CE, PocketPC, Windows Embedded CE, to Windows Mobile.

The binary distributions will also include gdb and gdbserver. Because
the ARM version of gdb is shared between the two distributions, I will
only ship one of those, as a separate package. Applications compiled
with arm-cegcc-gcc will have to be compiled with arm-mingw32ce-gdb .

Unless I encounter unexpected problems, this should be uploaded soon :
62564692 /tmp/x86mingw32ce-0.59.1.tar.bz2
48946358 /tmp/mingw32ce-0.59.1.tar.bz2
 9445684 /tmp/gdb-arm-0.59.1.tar.bz2
49801898 /tmp/cegcc-0.59.1.tar.bz2

Versions older than 0.55 will be hidden/removed from SF shortly, so only
0.55 and 0.59.1 will remain available.

Comments ?

        Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info

Re: Upcoming test binary distribution

Vincent Torri

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Danny Backx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of preparing a binary-only test distribution called
> 0.59.1 . The numbering indicates that this should become 0.60 soon.
>
> Why something close to 0.60 ? Because this will be a milestone : a
> distribution based on gcc 4.4.0 - this is brand new stuff !
>
> Why binary only ? Because I figure that those who are used to working
> with SVN don't need help from me. They have this stuff on their system
> already.
>
> Which versions ?
> arm-mingw32ce -> support Windows CE on ARM
> arm-cegcc -> with newlib, meaning it has some unix-like
>   api support. Also for Windows CE on ARM.
> i386-mingw32ce -> support Windows CE on i386 (and clones)
>
> When I write "Windows CE", I mean all of that product family, ranging
> from Windows CE, PocketPC, Windows Embedded CE, to Windows Mobile.
>
> The binary distributions will also include gdb and gdbserver. Because
> the ARM version of gdb is shared between the two distributions, I will
> only ship one of those, as a separate package. Applications compiled
> with arm-cegcc-gcc will have to be compiled with arm-mingw32ce-gdb .
>
> Unless I encounter unexpected problems, this should be uploaded soon :
> 62564692 /tmp/x86mingw32ce-0.59.1.tar.bz2
> 48946358 /tmp/mingw32ce-0.59.1.tar.bz2
> 9445684 /tmp/gdb-arm-0.59.1.tar.bz2
> 49801898 /tmp/cegcc-0.59.1.tar.bz2
>
> Versions older than 0.55 will be hidden/removed from SF shortly, so only
> 0.55 and 0.59.1 will remain available.
>
> Comments ?

did you see my mail about compilation with MSYS ?

Vincent

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 18:40 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> did you see my mail about compilation with MSYS ?

I did. But I'm not an MSYS user. I don't know what the cause of the
problem is (that was your question), and I've put my priority on getting
something out the door that works on the system that I do have.

As I said earlier, I'm happy to accept fixes to get cegcc to compile and
work on MSYS. But I don't feel like installing MSYS and starting to
debug this.

        Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info