The new MediaWiki :-)

Christophe Cattelain
It is very good news that SourceForge now use MediaWiki (the standard
Wikipedia wiki) instead of the strange complex and  half-backed (?) wiki
they used earlier.

Mediawiki is very powerfull and well documented (*).

It seems to be there :

    http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/cegcc/

Tell us when we can start using it.

:-)

xof
---------------
(*) There are a couple of books, much online documentation.
    Mediawiki documentation, but Wikipedia documentation can help too.
       http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents
          (however there are a lot of en.wikipedia specificities there)
There is a full traceability, recovery of older page version, mecanisms
to talk about pages and between users, watch-lists,...  A very powerfull
tool.

Re: The new MediaWiki :-)

Danny Backx
On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 09:46 +0200, Christophe Cattelain wrote:

> It is very good news that SourceForge now use MediaWiki (the standard
> Wikipedia wiki) instead of the strange complex and  half-backed (?) wiki
> they used earlier.
>
> Mediawiki is very powerfull and well documented (*).
>
> It seems to be there :
>
>     http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/cegcc/
>
> Tell us when we can start using it.
>
> :-)
>
> xof

I've copy/pasted the old content into the new MediaWiki. Will cancel my
support request to SF in a sec. I decided to go this way after looking
at their backlog...

So go ahead.

        Danny
--