Quantcast

SFGAO_FOLDER not being in the correct header file

SFGAO_FOLDER not being in the correct header file

Vincent Torri

hey,

according to msdn (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms909872.aspx)
this value (and other ones too) belong to shobjidl.h and not shlobj.h
(which is the correct header in win32).

the shobjidl.h file does not exist.

Is it normal ?

Vincent Torri

Emulation on linux

Jaroslaw Rosiek
Hello,

I would like to inform you that MS Device Emulator IS working on wine.
All you have to do is to install it on MS Windows, and copy its whole
directory to your linux box. Similar thing with emulator images. I just
tested this with Device Emulator 3.0, and WM6.1 Professional images.

Best regards,
Jarek

Twoj telefon moze zwalczac komary!
To nie sciema! >> http://link.interia.pl/f22f0

Re: Emulation on linux

Pablo Rogina
Hi Jaroslaw,

>I would like to inform you that MS Device Emulator IS working on wine.
>All you have to do is to install it on MS Windows, and copy its whole
>directory to your linux box. Similar thing with emulator images. I just
>tested this with Device Emulator 3.0, and WM6.1 Professional images.

were you able to enable the emulator's network card (VMNet Driver)? I mean, were you able to access Internet or any other network device from the emulator?

I installed the ms device emulator + emulator images directly into Linux (with help of wine) but I was never able to install the mentioned driver

The driver was originally available here (it's retired now):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=dc8332d6-565f-4a57-be8c-1d4718d3af65&displaylang=en

The driver can be found around the Internet though...

Thanks,

Pablo

Re: SFGAO_FOLDER not being in the correct header file

Danny Backx
On Sun, 2009-08-23 at 18:52 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> hey,
>
> according to msdn (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms909872.aspx)
> this value (and other ones too) belong to shobjidl.h and not shlobj.h
> (which is the correct header in win32).
>
> the shobjidl.h file does not exist.
>
> Is it normal ?

;-)

Define "normal". We've inherited this from w32api.

Would it be good to address this with the maintainers of w32api instead
of on the cegcc list ?

        Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, Danny Backx wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-08-23 at 18:52 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
>> hey,
>>
>> according to msdn (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms909872.aspx)
>> this value (and other ones too) belong to shobjidl.h and not shlobj.h
>> (which is the correct header in win32).
>>
>> the shobjidl.h file does not exist.
>>
>> Is it normal ?
>
> ;-)
>
> Define "normal". We've inherited this from w32api.
>
> Would it be good to address this with the maintainers of w32api instead
> of on the cegcc list ?

Indeed. It seems to be in shobidl.h on win32 too. You can't fix it
independently to win32pi ?

Vincent Torri

On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 09:45 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, Danny Backx wrote:
> > On Sun, 2009-08-23 at 18:52 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> >> according to msdn (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms909872.aspx)
> >> this value (and other ones too) belong to shobjidl.h and not shlobj.h
> >> (which is the correct header in win32).
> >>
> >> the shobjidl.h file does not exist.
> > Would it be good to address this with the maintainers of w32api instead
> > of on the cegcc list ?
>
> Indeed. It seems to be in shobidl.h on win32 too. You can't fix it
> independently to win32pi ?

I can if you provide a patch. I'm sorry I can't do the lookup work, I
just have too much other stuff to do.

        Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info