Quantcast

Re: license of mingwex/wince

Joe Mason-3
Joe Mason wrote:
> Danny Backx wrote:
>> I believe many of the "none" cases are Pedro's. They're from his
>> 2007-02-03 commit. I'll ask him offline (in case he doesn't catch this
>> message on the list) whether he wrote all of these.
>
> Thanks for checking on this - I'm mainly interested in time.c, mktime.c,
> gmtime.c, localtime.c, which all have no license (but depend on
> timeutil.*, which come from Ruby.)

Is there any update on this?  I'd like to include code from these files
in WebKit, but they have a strict policy requiring contributors to prove
the file licensing, and right now all I can say is, "I'm pretty sure
they're public domain."

Thanks,
Joe

Re: license of mingwex/wince

Danny Backx
On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 12:26 -0400, Joe Mason wrote:

> Joe Mason wrote:
> > Danny Backx wrote:
> >> I believe many of the "none" cases are Pedro's. They're from his
> >> 2007-02-03 commit. I'll ask him offline (in case he doesn't catch this
> >> message on the list) whether he wrote all of these.
> >
> > Thanks for checking on this - I'm mainly interested in time.c, mktime.c,
> > gmtime.c, localtime.c, which all have no license (but depend on
> > timeutil.*, which come from Ruby.)
>
> Is there any update on this?  I'd like to include code from these files
> in WebKit, but they have a strict policy requiring contributors to prove
> the file licensing, and right now all I can say is, "I'm pretty sure
> they're public domain."

Awaiting a reply by Pedro.

        Danny
--