Quantcast

Next steps ?

Danny Backx
Hi,

With both the ARM and the i386 show-stoppers out of the way, I would
like to suggest the following steps :
- move the build scripts's defaults to the gcc 4.4 environment
- get arm-cegcc to work with 4.4
- do a pre-release

Your input ?

        Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info

Re: Next steps ?

Vincent Torri

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009, Danny Backx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With both the ARM and the i386 show-stoppers out of the way, I would
> like to suggest the following steps :
> - move the build scripts's defaults to the gcc 4.4 environment
> - get arm-cegcc to work with 4.4
> - do a pre-release
>
> Your input ?

  - add support for MSYS and not only cygwin (on Windows)
  - do a pre-release for 32 and 64 bits linux, because, as a 64 bits linux
user, I have to compile the toolchain myself. And it is sloooooow.
  - provide rpm and deb packages

Vincent Torri

Re: Next steps ?

Danny Backx
Vincent Torri <[hidden email]> wrote :
>  - add support for MSYS and not only cygwin (on Windows)
>  - do a pre-release for 32 and 64 bits linux, because, as a 64 bits linux
> user, I have to compile the toolchain myself. And it is sloooooow.
>  - provide rpm and deb packages

Last time we discussed 64-bit, I don't think we checked whether a 32-bit version worked.

Has anyone checked the latest binary release on a 64-bit Linux box ?

For the other points too, I welcome input/patches/.. but I don't have all this myself.

  Danny
--
Danny Backx - danny.backx - at scarlet.be  ; http://danny.backx.info

Re: Next steps ?

Vincent Torri

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009, Danny Backx wrote:

> Vincent Torri <[hidden email]> wrote :
>>  - add support for MSYS and not only cygwin (on Windows)
>>  - do a pre-release for 32 and 64 bits linux, because, as a 64 bits linux
>> user, I have to compile the toolchain myself. And it is sloooooow.
>>  - provide rpm and deb packages
>
> Last time we discussed 64-bit, I don't think we checked whether a 32-bit version worked.
>
> Has anyone checked the latest binary release on a 64-bit Linux box ?
>
> For the other points too, I welcome input/patches/.. but I don't have all this myself.

just a note : if bison or flex are not present, the configuration of
binutils does not fail, while it is used during its compilation. Is it
normal ?

Vincent Torri

Re: Next steps ?

İsmail "cartman" Dönmez
Administrator

Danny Backx wrote
Hi,

With both the ARM and the i386 show-stoppers out of the way, I would
like to suggest the following steps :
- move the build scripts's defaults to the gcc 4.4 environment
- get arm-cegcc to work with 4.4
- do a pre-release

Your input ?
I can provide cygwin 1.7 & MacOSX binaries for the release if desired.

Regards.

Regards,
İsmail DÖNMEZ