News about Qt

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

News about Qt

Sébastien Lorquet
Hi,

I response to my thread ( http://lists.trolltech.com/pipermail/qt-wince-interest/2009-November/000745.html ) , Maurice Kalinowski posted a git tree of a cegcc compilable Qt for windows CE ( http://lists.trolltech.com/pipermail/qt-wince-interest/2009-November/000764.html )

I managed to compile QtCore and QtGui using his instructions.

However, when I want to run the executable on my HTC Wizard, the phone tells me that my executable is not signed.
Yes, I remember now this problem with windows mobile 5.


But I have no idea on how to overcome it. Is it possible to disable the signature verification?

I also vaguely know that the microsoft sdk has a signtool.exe but I have no idea on how to use it, if I can do it with ssl, etc.

At the moment I'm trying to install my autosigned CA on the device, and the .crt format is not accepted by windows mobile. What is the required format?

Regards,
Sebastien


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News about Qt

Sébastien Lorquet
Okay, the certificate was required in DER format, mine was PEM. This part is solved with an openssl one-liner.

I believe that if I get my .exe signed with a certificate issued by my now installed CA, the code will run. Am I true?

Regards, Sebastien.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News about Qt

Pablo Rogina
Sebastien,

I'm working with a MS desktop project that signs the executable file.
In the Visual Studio project settings, at the Post-Build Event in
Build Events there is the command:

"signtool.exe" sign /f "cert.pfx" /d "ApplicationName" /t
"http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll"  "$(TargetPath)"

(some values were edited for confidentiality purposes)

You can have more information about signtool here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8s9b9yaz%28VS.80%29.aspx

Hope this help.

Pablo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News about Qt

Vincent Richomme
In reply to this post by Sébastien Lorquet
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:03:20 +0100, Sébastien Lorquet <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> Okay, the certificate was required in DER format, mine was PEM. This
part
> is
> solved with an openssl one-liner.
>
> I believe that if I get my .exe signed with a certificate issued by my
now
> installed CA, the code will run. Am I true?
>
> Regards, Sebastien.

Hello,

binaries generated by cegcc cannot be run on windows mobile >= 5 without
packing them
or modifying registry.
Once you have compiled do not forget to call upx
(http://upx.sourceforge.net/) on your exe and dlls.
If you have lots of binaries I recommend to call it from cygwin or msys
with something like
find . \(  -name  "*.exe"  -o  -name  "*.dll"  \)  -print  |  xargs upx
(haven't tested)

Regards

Vincent R.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News about Qt

Vincent Richomme
In reply to this post by Pablo Rogina
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:41:50 -0300, Pablo Rogina <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Sebastien,
>
> I'm working with a MS desktop project that signs the executable file.
> In the Visual Studio project settings, at the Post-Build Event in
> Build Events there is the command:
>
> "signtool.exe" sign /f "cert.pfx" /d "ApplicationName" /t
> "http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll"  "$(TargetPath)"
>
> (some values were edited for confidentiality purposes)
>
> You can have more information about signtool here:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8s9b9yaz%28VS.80%29.aspx
>
> Hope this help.

Don't think this is the problem because I am assuming you are testing on a
pocket pc device
(ie you have a stylus = screen is tactile).
In this case when a binary is not signed, OS ask you if you want to allow
it or not so
not signing a binary shouldn't prevent from running on a device (things
are different on a smartphone
and if binary is a driver).
Even if it's not recommended under windows you can disable code
authentification by using
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7e92628c-d587-47e0-908b-09fee6ea517a&DisplayLang=en.
or directly from Visual Studio 2008 if you have it.

Regards


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News about Qt

Danny Backx
In reply to this post by Vincent Richomme
On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 17:45 +0100, Vincent R. wrote:
> binaries generated by cegcc cannot be run on windows mobile >= 5 without
> packing them
> or modifying registry.

I don't think this is entirely accurate. CE complains but allows you to
run them.

        Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News about Qt

Vincent Richomme
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:15:08 +0100, Danny Backx <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 17:45 +0100, Vincent R. wrote:
>> binaries generated by cegcc cannot be run on windows mobile >= 5
without
>> packing them
>> or modifying registry.
>
> I don't think this is entirely accurate. CE complains but allows you to
> run them.
>

NO and NO!
I am talking about Windows Mobile >= 5 not Windows CE ,just for
information

Windows Mobile 5 = ARM + windows ce 5.1 + specific GUI
Windows Mobile 6 = ARM + windows ce 5.2  + specific GUI

and you know that cegcc binaries don't work on Windows Mobile ...


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News about Qt

Hywel B. Richards
Vincent R. wrote:

>
> NO and NO!
> I am talking about Windows Mobile >= 5 not Windows CE ,just for
> information
>
> Windows Mobile 5 = ARM + windows ce 5.1 + specific GUI
> Windows Mobile 6 = ARM + windows ce 5.2  + specific GUI
>
> and you know that cegcc binaries don't work on Windows Mobile ...
>
>  
Are you sure you don't mean Windows Mobile >= 6.1.

The only time I've needed the UPX trick is for 6.1 as far as I remember.

Hywel.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News about Qt

Danny Backx
In reply to this post by Vincent Richomme
On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 11:13 +0100, Vincent R. wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:15:08 +0100, Danny Backx <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 17:45 +0100, Vincent R. wrote:
> >> binaries generated by cegcc cannot be run on windows mobile >= 5
> without
> >> packing them
> >> or modifying registry.
> >
> > I don't think this is entirely accurate. CE complains but allows you to
> > run them.
> >
>
> NO and NO!
> I am talking about Windows Mobile >= 5 not Windows CE ,just for
> information
>
> Windows Mobile 5 = ARM + windows ce 5.1 + specific GUI
> Windows Mobile 6 = ARM + windows ce 5.2  + specific GUI

My iPAQ shows (in the about screen) :

Windows Mobile (R) 6 Classic
CE OS 5.2.1711 (Build 18165.0.5.0)

It does run cegcc applications.
The issues I'm working on now (with the emulator) only show from Windows
Mobile 6.1 .

        Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News about Qt

Vincent Richomme
In reply to this post by Hywel B. Richards
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:31:38 +0000, "Hywel B. Richards"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Vincent R. wrote:
>>
>> NO and NO!
>> I am talking about Windows Mobile >= 5 not Windows CE ,just for
>> information
>>
>> Windows Mobile 5 = ARM + windows ce 5.1 + specific GUI
>> Windows Mobile 6 = ARM + windows ce 5.2  + specific GUI
>>
>> and you know that cegcc binaries don't work on Windows Mobile ...
>>
>>  
> Are you sure you don't mean Windows Mobile >= 6.1.
>
> The only time I've needed the UPX trick is for 6.1 as far as I remember.
>
> Hywel.


Hum yes I think you are right, my mistake.
I am working with a WM5 device and I was convinced that it was not working
on it but
it's not the case...
Sorry again


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News about Qt

Sébastien Lorquet
Hi,

My device is a HTC wizard from Orange France (SPV branded)
It was simlocked, I desimlocked it.

The os is reported as:
Microsoft Windows Mobile Version 5.0
System 5.1.195 (build 14847.2.0.0)

here are my tries.

-generated a self-signed CA
-installed it on the device, success.
-generated a keypair/certificate, signed by CA
-installed it on the device, success.

My QT example (moveblocks) is 9.2 MB in size.
-> does not run.

Tried signing the code
-> does not run.

tried UPX on it, the size was reduced to 3.96 MB
-> does not run.

tried signing the upx compressed binary
-> does not run.

could I have problem because the binary is HUGE and cannot be loaded?

That's quite frustrating to see efforts on the Qt side to support cegcc, but being unable to run the resulting binaries :-(

I will try a basic helloworld now.

Sebastien


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News about Qt

Sébastien Lorquet
Re-Hello,

I can confirm that

wget http://www.unsads.com/~squalyl/wincehello.c
/opt/mingw32ce/bin/arm-mingw32ce-gcc wincehello.c -o wincehello.exe

produces a valid 24.7kB executable that runs without signature on my device.

So the problem does not come from cryptography.
Possible problems I'm thinking about include:
- C++
- huge binary
- unresolved dependency to a library missing on my device.

I will also notify the qt-wince-devel mailing list.

Any idea?

Sebastien

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News about Qt

Vincent Richomme
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:45:35 +0100, Sébastien Lorquet <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> Re-Hello,
>
> I can confirm that
>
> wget
>
http://www.unsads.com/~squalyl/wincehello.c<http://www.unsads.com/%7Esqualyl/wincehello.c>

> /opt/mingw32ce/bin/arm-mingw32ce-gcc wincehello.c -o wincehello.exe
>
> produces a valid 24.7kB executable that runs without signature on my
> device.
>
> So the problem does not come from cryptography.
> Possible problems I'm thinking about include:
> - C++
> - huge binary
> - unresolved dependency to a library missing on my device.
>
> I will also notify the qt-wince-devel mailing list.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Sebastien

Hi,

You should check dependencies ...
You can try with dependency walker or PE explorer or arm-mingw32ce-objdump
and
checj import section.
Check you have everything needed.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: News about Qt

mobi phil
In reply to this post by Sébastien Lorquet
> However, when I want to run the executable on my HTC Wizard, the phone tells
> me that my executable is not signed.
> Yes, I remember now this problem with windows mobile 5.

Hello. I am running cegcc generated programs on 6.1, and I think it
was running on 6.5 as well (I removed 6.5 after the first day is it
was very slow). However first try to accomodate with small C
apllications then go for software monsters like QT apps...


--
rgrds,
mobi phil

being mobile, but including technology
http://mobiphil.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
Try the new software tools for yourself. Speed compiling, find bugs
proactively, and fine-tune applications for parallel performance.
See why Intel Parallel Studio got high marks during beta.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel