Quantcast

Fwd: [sdcc-devel] Urgent: [Fwd: Wikispaces being removed from SourceForge.net 2009-07-30]

Fwd: [sdcc-devel] Urgent: [Fwd: Wikispaces being removed from SourceForge.net 2009-07-30]

Sébastien Lorquet
here is the information I found on the sdcc mailing list.

full thread: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=35030.84.29.191.180.1248899445.squirrel%40www.dse.nl&forum_name=sdcc-devel

Van:       "SourceForge.net Team" <[hidden email]>
Datum:     Wo, juli 29, 2009 21:45
Aan:       [hidden email]

On Thursday July 30, 2009 at 8:00 AM Pacific Time, the SourceForge.net
staff will be removing the Wikispaces facility that has been available to
project teams since 2007.

Project teams who have not yet migrated to one of the Hosted Apps wiki
facilities, Trac or MediaWiki, may opt for one of two choices on
SourceForge.net; Migration to Trac or MediaWiki.

To migrate to one of these facilities, the project admin who is also an
admin for one of the facilities (MediaWiki or Trac), needs to log a support
ticket (https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/newticket) and
request migration to a specific facility. Be sure to specify your project
UNIX name and to which facility you want your data imported (MediaWiki or
Trac).

The SourceForge.net team will use the dump of the project Wikispaces data
in /home/groups/P/PR/PROJECT/wikispaces-dump.zip as an import source. It is
critical that project teams do not move, rename, or otherwise manipulate
this file prior to the import to the new facility.

If you are importing data from Wikispaces to your existing Hosted App
facility, like Trac, any data from Wikispaces will be additive to that
structure. If there are pages of the same name, the new data will replace
the existing data. Users may need to use the history facility to adjust the
pages at that point.

MediaWiki only supports image attachments, so any non-image attachments
won't be imported to MediaWiki. Trac supports these, so this will work just
fine for Trac implementations. Users will be able to access their zip files
to recover any non-image attachments if they have selected MediaWiki as the
new facility.

Finally, we'd like to thank Wikispaces for their support of SourceForge.net
and our users with this facility.
Best regards,

Daniel Hinojosa - Sr. Manager, SourceForge.net Support

P.S., Be sure to monitor our Site Status page,
https://sourceforge.net/sitestatus.

SourceForge.net has made this mailing to you as a registered user of
the SourceForge.net site to convey important information regarding
your SourceForge.net account or your use of SourceForge.net services.

We make a small number of directed mailings to registered users each
year regarding their account or data, to help preserve the security of
their account or prevent loss of data or service access.

If you have concerns about this mailing please contact our Support
team per: http://sourceforge.net/support