Quantcast

Doc link which is current?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Doc link which is current?

Paul Sokolovsky
Hello,

I was added as a member to cegcc project, thanks Danny! Going to start
some clean up work, and first question I have is about project docs.
There appears to be 2 sets:

1. http://cegcc.sourceforge.net/documentation.html - This is what
linked by "Development" on cegcc.sf.net
2. http://cegcc.sourceforge.net/docs/ - this is what I have in
completion db of my browser, possible from old time.

Which one is current (should be linked from wiki)? Should the other
copy be removed?

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:[hidden email]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lotusphere 2011
Register now for Lotusphere 2011 and learn how
to connect the dots, take your collaborative environment
to the next level, and enter the era of Social Business.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/lotusphere-d2d
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RFC: Trac migration? was: Re: Doc link which is current?

Paul Sokolovsky
Hello,

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 02:24:27 +0200
Paul Sokolovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:

>[] (should be linked from wiki)?

On a second thought:

I already started some wiki cleanup, but: sf.net's native tracker is
apparently not up to the day. But there's Trac hosted app, and Trac
hopefully is well-known and easy on its own. But it also has wiki, and
it makes sense to keep everything in one place for ease of maintenance
and cross-reference. So, maybe, until mediawiki grows in content,
activate and migrate to Trac?



--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:[hidden email]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lotusphere 2011
Register now for Lotusphere 2011 and learn how
to connect the dots, take your collaborative environment
to the next level, and enter the era of Social Business.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/lotusphere-d2d
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Doc link which is current?

Vincent Torri
In reply to this post by Paul Sokolovsky


On Tue, 21 Dec 2010, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was added as a member to cegcc project, thanks Danny! Going to start
> some clean up work, and first question I have is about project docs.
> There appears to be 2 sets:
>
> 1. http://cegcc.sourceforge.net/documentation.html - This is what
> linked by "Development" on cegcc.sf.net
> 2. http://cegcc.sourceforge.net/docs/ - this is what I have in
> completion db of my browser, possible from old time.
>
> Which one is current (should be linked from wiki)? Should the other
> copy be removed?

Normally, the first link is what Danny did when re-writing the cegcc
website. Hence it should be more or less a copy of the second link. Just
verify it is a copy :)

regards

Vincent Torri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lotusphere 2011
Register now for Lotusphere 2011 and learn how
to connect the dots, take your collaborative environment
to the next level, and enter the era of Social Business.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/lotusphere-d2d
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: RFC: Trac migration? was: Re: Doc link which is current?

Vincent Torri
In reply to this post by Paul Sokolovsky


On Tue, 21 Dec 2010, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 02:24:27 +0200
> Paul Sokolovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> [] (should be linked from wiki)?
>
> On a second thought:
>
> I already started some wiki cleanup, but: sf.net's native tracker is
> apparently not up to the day. But there's Trac hosted app, and Trac
> hopefully is well-known and easy on its own. But it also has wiki, and
> it makes sense to keep everything in one place for ease of maintenance
> and cross-reference. So, maybe, until mediawiki grows in content,
> activate and migrate to Trac?

I like Trac as a user. Except that it is written in python :) If you know
python and php well, then there should be no problem for you

Vincent Torri


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lotusphere 2011
Register now for Lotusphere 2011 and learn how
to connect the dots, take your collaborative environment
to the next level, and enter the era of Social Business.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/lotusphere-d2d
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Doc link which is current?

Paul Sokolovsky
In reply to this post by Vincent Torri
Hello,

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 07:15:23 +0100 (CET)
Vincent Torri <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2010, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was added as a member to cegcc project, thanks Danny! Going to
> > start some clean up work, and first question I have is about
> > project docs. There appears to be 2 sets:
> >
> > 1. http://cegcc.sourceforge.net/documentation.html - This is what
> > linked by "Development" on cegcc.sf.net
> > 2. http://cegcc.sourceforge.net/docs/ - this is what I have in
> > completion db of my browser, possible from old time.
> >
> > Which one is current (should be linked from wiki)? Should the other
> > copy be removed?
>
> Normally, the first link is what Danny did when re-writing the cegcc
> website. Hence it should be more or less a copy of the second link.
> Just verify it is a copy :)

Yes, now I looked closer and see that they indeed have identical
content vs style. I also guess docs/index.html come directly from SVN,
so is the master copy, while documentation.html conversion to site's
style.

>
> regards
>
> Vincent Torri



--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:[hidden email]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lotusphere 2011
Register now for Lotusphere 2011 and learn how
to connect the dots, take your collaborative environment
to the next level, and enter the era of Social Business.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/lotusphere-d2d
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: RFC: Trac migration? was: Re: Doc link which is current?

Paul Sokolovsky
In reply to this post by Vincent Torri
Hello,

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 07:17:25 +0100 (CET)
Vincent Torri <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2010, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 02:24:27 +0200
> > Paul Sokolovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> [] (should be linked from wiki)?
> >
> > On a second thought:
> >
> > I already started some wiki cleanup, but: sf.net's native tracker is
> > apparently not up to the day. But there's Trac hosted app, and Trac
> > hopefully is well-known and easy on its own. But it also has wiki,
> > and it makes sense to keep everything in one place for ease of
> > maintenance and cross-reference. So, maybe, until mediawiki grows
> > in content, activate and migrate to Trac?
>
> I like Trac as a user. Except that it is written in python :) If you
> know python and php well, then there should be no problem for you

Thanks. Well, I like both Trac and Python ;-). But I would like to avoid
tool flip-flops, so argument is that having integrated tool for wiki
and bugs will allow for more seamless usage and maintenance. As for
Python knowledge, it shouldn't be immediately required - Trac instance
will be maintained by SourceForge.

>
> Vincent Torri
>



--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:[hidden email]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lotusphere 2011
Register now for Lotusphere 2011 and learn how
to connect the dots, take your collaborative environment
to the next level, and enter the era of Social Business.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/lotusphere-d2d
_______________________________________________
Cegcc-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cegcc-devel
Loading...