Quantcast

Cegcc arm-mingw32ce compiled with Mingw

Mauro Ziliani-2
Hi all.
I'm working for Windows CE with Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 sp4.
I need to swicth my work on better environment and I choose arm-mingw32ce.
But I'd like to avoid Cygnus, but use directly Mingw, like I does for
others develompment.

Does anyone have try to compile arm-mingw32ce with latest Mingw
distribution?

Best regards.

    Mauro Ziliani

Re: Cegcc arm-mingw32ce compiled with Mingw

Vincent Torri

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011, Mauro Ziliani wrote:

> Hi all.
> I'm working for Windows CE with Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 sp4.
> I need to swicth my work on better environment and I choose arm-mingw32ce.
> But I'd like to avoid Cygnus, but use directly Mingw, like I does for
> others develompment.
>
> Does anyone have try to compile arm-mingw32ce with latest Mingw
> distribution?

compilation with MSYS or cygwin is really really slow. You should
cross-compile on linux. And if you want to stay on Windows, install
virtualbox with a linux host and compile there, it will be faster

Vincent Torri

Re: Cegcc arm-mingw32ce compiled with Mingw

Sébastien Lorquet
some people are still forced to work with the "obsolete O$" ;-)
In that case, http://www.unsads.com/~squalyl/cegcc/mingw32ce-build-mingw.zip  is worth a try.

Regards