Quantcast

COMCTL32_VERSION for PocketPC

Paul Sokolovsky
Hello,

Can you read Japanese? Because this guy describes what value
COMCTL32_VERSION should have for wince (he mentions cegcc!). And as for
why's and how's... can you read Japanese?

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: COMCTL32_VERSION for PocketPC

Vincent Torri

Hey,

> Can you read Japanese? Because this guy describes what value
> COMCTL32_VERSION should have for wince (he mentions cegcc!). And as for
> why's and how's... can you read Japanese?

which guy ?

Vincent Torri

Re: COMCTL32_VERSION for PocketPC

Paul Sokolovsky
Hello,

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 08:21:12 +0100 (CET)
Vincent Torri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> > Can you read Japanese? Because this guy describes what value
> > COMCTL32_VERSION should have for wince (he mentions cegcc!). And as
> > for why's and how's... can you read Japanese?
>
> which guy ?

Oops. I pasted it, I bet.
http://yta.blogzine.jp/weblog/2010/12/propertysheet.html

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: COMCTL32_VERSION for PocketPC

Sébastien Lorquet
Can't read japanese, but that seems interesting:
http://translate.google.fr/translate?hl=fr&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fyta.blogzine.jp%2Fweblog%2F2010%2F12%2Fpropertysheet.html

I NEVER managed to get a windows mobile style on property sheet dialogs... In fact I had the exact same problem as described here. I just managed to send the tabs in the bottom of the page using styles.

Could that PSCB_GETVERSION message be the key to do all at once? nice! Thanks, japanese blogger!

Sebastien.

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010, Sébastien Lorquet wrote:

> Can't read japanese, but that seems interesting:
> http://translate.google.fr/translate?hl=fr&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fyta.blogzine.jp%2Fweblog%2F2010%2F12%2Fpropertysheet.html
>
> I NEVER managed to get a windows mobile style on property sheet dialogs...
> In fact I had the exact same problem as described here. I just managed to
> send the tabs in the bottom of the page using styles.
>
> Could that PSCB_GETVERSION message be the key to do all at once? nice!
> Thanks, japanese blogger!

FYI:

i'm contributing to a set of graphic libs that go beyond that:

http://watchwolf.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3%3Ausing-edje-and-the-external-type&catid=1%3Aedje&Itemid=17&lang=fr

The first 2 images of that blog are a GTK window with 2 different themes.
Same layout, just the colors and icons change. The 4 following images are
the same window with 4 different themes (using our libs). I have ported
these libs to Windows CE. After the images you have the C source code, and
the 4 themes. And a link to the tarball with the files at the bottom.

Vincent Torri

> Sebastien.
>
> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Paul Sokolovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 08:21:12 +0100 (CET)
>> Vincent Torri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> Hey,

>>> which guy ?
>>
>> Oops. I pasted it, I bet.
>> http://yta.blogzine.jp/weblog/2010/12/propertysheet.html
>>

>>> Vincent Torri
>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>>  Paul                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: COMCTL32_VERSION for PocketPC

Sébastien Lorquet
Hello,

that's not what I'm currently looking for, but that's a cool project!

Regards
Sebastien

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Vincent Torri <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 11:28:54 +0100
Sébastien Lorquet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can't read japanese, but that seems interesting:
> http://translate.google.fr/translate?hl=fr&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fyta.blogzine.jp%2Fweblog%2F2010%2F12%2Fpropertysheet.html
>
> I NEVER managed to get a windows mobile style on property sheet
> dialogs... In fact I had the exact same problem as described here. I
> just managed to send the tabs in the bottom of the page using styles.
>
> Could that PSCB_GETVERSION message be the key to do all at once? nice!
> Thanks, japanese blogger!

Yes, this is known/documented technique, for example
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308593 . The problem was getting values
for PSCB_GETVERSION and COMCTL32_VERSION for wince/pocketpc
(clean-room, per previous discussion). First one easily is googlable and
figurable even from highlight excerpts, but COMCTL32_VERSION took more
time. WinCE's value for that constant is unlike normal Win32, where
those values are small integers, apparently representing interface
version. For WinCE it's apparently commctrl DLL version, major/minor.
So, that blog entry gave good insight what value to use. I also saw
couple of other hits with close values (like 0x20x).

Btw, there's another way to figure it - query DLL directly on device.
But then again the problem is to figure out threshold value which
gives native look on as early devices as first PocketPCs.

Anyway, I've added those values to my git tree.

> Sebastien.
>
> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Paul Sokolovsky <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 08:21:12 +0100 (CET)
> > Vincent Torri <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > > Hey,

> > > which guy ?
> >
> > Oops. I pasted it, I bet.
> > http://yta.blogzine.jp/weblog/2010/12/propertysheet.html

[]

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: COMCTL32_VERSION for PocketPC

Paul Sokolovsky
Hello,

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 12:06:06 +0100 (CET)
Vincent Torri <[hidden email]> wrote:

[]

> FYI:
>
> i'm contributing to a set of graphic libs that go beyond that:
>
> http://watchwolf.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3%3Ausing-edje-and-the-external-type&catid=1%3Aedje&Itemid=17&lang=fr
>
> The first 2 images of that blog are a GTK window with 2 different
> themes. Same layout, just the colors and icons change. The 4
> following images are the same window with 4 different themes (using
> our libs). I have ported these libs to Windows CE. After the images
> you have the C source code, and the 4 themes. And a link to the
> tarball with the files at the bottom.

Do you say that you ported Edje and EFL in general to wince? Is it
related to http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/EFLWindowsCE ? Can you
please add more info at
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/cegcc/wiki/Ported%20Software ? (Note
that I already added link to zlib/etc. ports which are at project d/l
area).

> Vincent Torri

[]

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 12:06:06 +0100 (CET)
> Vincent Torri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> []
>>
>> FYI:
>>
>> i'm contributing to a set of graphic libs that go beyond that:
>>
>> http://watchwolf.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3%3Ausing-edje-and-the-external-type&catid=1%3Aedje&Itemid=17&lang=fr
>>
>> The first 2 images of that blog are a GTK window with 2 different
>> themes. Same layout, just the colors and icons change. The 4
>> following images are the same window with 4 different themes (using
>> our libs). I have ported these libs to Windows CE. After the images
>> you have the C source code, and the 4 themes. And a link to the
>> tarball with the files at the bottom.
>
> Do you say that you ported Edje and EFL in general to wince?

yes.

> Is it
> related to http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/EFLWindowsCE ?

yes, i wrote that tutorial.

> Can you
> please add more info at
> https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/cegcc/wiki/Ported%20Software ?

i'll do it

> (Note
> that I already added link to zlib/etc. ports which are at project d/l
> area).

I created these ports (as they are necessary for the EFL :p)

Vincent Torri

On Sat, 1 Jan 2011, Vincent Torri wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 12:06:06 +0100 (CET)
>> Vincent Torri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> []
>>>
>>> FYI:
>>>
>>> i'm contributing to a set of graphic libs that go beyond that:
>>>
>>> http://watchwolf.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3%3Ausing-edje-and-the-external-type&catid=1%3Aedje&Itemid=17&lang=fr
>>>
>>> The first 2 images of that blog are a GTK window with 2 different
>>> themes. Same layout, just the colors and icons change. The 4
>>> following images are the same window with 4 different themes (using
>>> our libs). I have ported these libs to Windows CE. After the images
>>> you have the C source code, and the 4 themes. And a link to the
>>> tarball with the files at the bottom.
>>
>> Do you say that you ported Edje and EFL in general to wince?
>
> yes.
>
>> Is it
>> related to http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/EFLWindowsCE ?
>
> yes, i wrote that tutorial.
>
>> Can you
>> please add more info at
>> https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/cegcc/wiki/Ported%20Software ?
>
> i'll do it
>
>> (Note
>> that I already added link to zlib/etc. ports which are at project d/l
>> area).
>
> I created these ports (as they are necessary for the EFL :p)

and happy new year !